Let us pray in common
The members of the General Committee of the ICDS, ask all the Lay Salvatorians over the world to enclose the following requests in their prayer and to build a prayer chain over the world for …
- for Pope Francis, that the Holy Spirit will give him the power to fulfill his mission for the renewing of our church – and may God preserve him healthy.
- for the recognition of a miracle for the Holy See to review and accept for the beatification of Fr. Jordan, founder of the Salvatorians.
- for the successful ICDS General Assembly and a secure journey and return of all participants
- for the successful work of General Committee on the ICDS statutes and for the successful outcome from the Dicastery for laity, family and life, granting us the approval of our statutes and recognition as an private association of the faithful, dotted with juridical personality.
- for the members of the General Committee and supporters, who manage and work on the preparation of the General Assembly 2018.
- for the members of the General Committee, that they find ways and a speech to encourage and motivate all Lay Salvatorians of the world, that each one carries his part of effort of the development of the Salvatorian family and so the project gets on.
Give them the grace to be apostles, and to find always answers to the complex challenges of our time.
- for the units of the ICDS, that they find adequate representers who participate at the General Assembly in July.
- for all Lay Salvatorians that they recognize and/or discover (again) and follow their special vocation and to develop one’s own identity.
- for all Lay Salvatorians that they discover and recognize their participation in a real worldwide community as well as each of them is motivated to build up this association together with his/her Lay Salvatorian brothers and sisters, make his/her contribution and guide it in this way to success.
and especially for
- for the responsible of government and economy that they change their goals in the relationships to African states to give the people new perspectives and ensure their livelihoods to end slavery and migration.
- for refugees who take incredible exertions to escape the terrible conditions in their homeland.
- for the refugee children along their trip to and through Europe. Let them find good people who alleviate their most suffering and give them healthy and secure accommodation.
- for the refugee women that they find areas of respect and security on their trip.
- for all victims of acts of terrorism, their families, relatives, and friends.
- for the people of Europe, that they open their hearts for those people who are seeking help.
- for the people of Europe that they understand that no one leaves his home just for fun and moves into an uncertain future.
- for all concerned, that they recognize the great challenge as a great opportunity for a better future.
- for the people of Europe that they are not be tempted by right-wing populists and profiteers, who only have the destruction of society in mind.
- for refugees and people, who have to live in poverty and without perspectives, who became victims of traffickers or get forced into modern slavery.
- for all victims and victims of the volcanic eruption. O Lord, give them new hope and new perspectives despite of all sorrows and suffering.
- for the responsible of government- that they recognize that they can not govern without or against the people.
- for a political renewal which target a common future in freedom and peace.
- for the people, so they find paths out of the spiral of violence and corruption.
- for those who are in a hopeless situation.
- for those who have no other prospects in life, as violence and guns
- for those who defend life, peace and justice
- for all members of the Salvatorian family who are suffering on and touched by the effects of the battle conflicts in some regions.
- for the Lay Salvatorians – may they recognize and live their vocation despite all difficulties.
- for each person who is suffering on the violence, hatred and apathy.
- for them who were injured – for those who were injured by the consequences of war – for those who had to leave relatives and friends –
Give them peace and an open heart so that forgiveness and reconciliation is possible. Only forgiveness is the gate for a new start in a new life in Justice and Peace.
- for Christian unity in its diversity – Catholics, Eastern Catholic, Orthodox and Protestant
among themselves, that they may live as credible testimony supporting the Good News
- against the sadness and hopelessness – and for new perspectives.
- for to build up new houses and utility installations for the people
- and easy for PEACE …!
Middle East Region
- for all children who are victims of violence and battles in this region. O Lord, give all of us more the wisdom how we all harm them – through our apathy, mental displacement, lethargy, helplessness …
- for justice and peace, acceptance and mutual tolerance in the region.
- for respect of other religions and their members
- for the end of the civil war in Syria and Iraq and especially all refugees – and all people who hope on freedom and have an interest in the end of the battles
- for the displaced persons and refugees, give them a safe new home and bring the families and friends back together
- for all the children in the countries, that they learn to live together in freedom and respect with others.
- let us start to dream from a region without bombs and weapons, where love and respect are high values again.
- for the development of the Salvatorian family.
- for the development of the Salvatorian Family
- for all victims of the typhoon, may they find help to build up new homes for their families.
The forgotten conflicts and grievances out of our focus
- for all the people who are suffering on armed conflicts over the globe which are out of our focus at the moment.
- for those who are suffering under inhibition, persecution, slavery and all kinds of barbarity.
- for all people who have to flee their homes– give them a new one, please.
- orf those who have a difficult road ahead of them or are on this at the moment – be with them, please.
- for those in the so called rich countries – give them a heart and the joy of sharing.
- following Caritas international we have so many conflicts on earth today, we never had before. In addition, the catastrophes of nature have risen dramatically. As reason, the climate change induced by humans pushes into the focus more and more.
The unknown persons …
- for those, which are in your hearts, – which should be on this prayer chain,
but do not have the knowing or the possibility to be there.
- for all the unknown neighbors.
A BIG THANK
- for those, which are supporting the help for the refugees and give them a home – everywhere!
- for those, which are including other people in their prayers – people, which are never known and seen before.
- for those, which are thinking one time on unknown others … and recognize them as their sisters and brothers.
- Thanks for that service for your unknown neighbor. Thanks for the kind words and thoughts, thanks for the compassion – may God have it credited!
Over the world
Probably- you know the difficulties and inhuman situations of war, crime, intolerance, violence and terror in several countries like Palestine, Iraq, Pakistan, Venezuela, and so on. What can we as easy people do?
We come together as possible on each Monday evening over the world for a prayer for justice and peace – if in chapels, churches, on the street, at your work or at home – where ever you are. You are not alone, there are more people with you in prayer as you can imagine. Invite family members, friends, neighbors, or someone you know and /or who could be interested and follow this idea. Spend a time of prayer and quietness together and ask the Lord to give peace in all hearts and minds, which are longing for it. Especially for the children, families and civilians, but also for those soldiers and combatants, which are not of their own will in the battles, but were forced to fight by others.
Even if you’re only a minute in short prayer or intense thoughts here, you are living the communion with God for peace! – Peace is always possible if someone dares the first step. Maybe this prayer can remind us to start it with this easy first step!
A prayer for this month
Fa. Francis, tell me what does it mean to become holy?
I try to follow your steps but my feet are not your feet. My shoes are not your shoes – and also my clothes are not your ones.
I’m living in another time, in another country, in another surrounding. Our life has changed, became more quick, more dynamic, more challenging, and often incalculable.
You have to be elastic now, permanent open for new things, always full of expectation. And yes – in some moments it’s becoming more difficult to recognize God’s plan behind all this.
But more than hundred years ago, you have given us a wonderful tool, the Salvatorian universality. With that in our backpack, we are prepared on the challenges of the new times. Of course, we are called to learn, to discover what the world brings out on new realizations in all science. We know that God is behind of all and it’s our mission to tell our neighbours about that. To tell them to be not alone, even in difficult situations. That we are all a part of a greater plan.
Therefore we should take us not always so important. We have to learn to discover God always new. Especially in the small, in the unknown and in the new things. We have to learn to be patient and give more space our spiritual life, to meet God everywhere and with every face.
We have to learn to give small and big answers on our life today. Always with a content so far as our opposite is ready to receive it. We have to learn to become sensitive on situations, on people, and on persons. How much are they able to carry? And which language are they able to understand?
Fr. Francis, thank you that I have learned to know you and your vision. You have shown me in your life, how difficult a life with God can be – but much more how joyful it can be, if you always trust in him! I will try to do my best to fulfill your invitation into the Salvatorian community. Let me learn to pray in each moment of my life. Be always my guide, please and let me always trust in your help, in moments of need.
So that I learn to follow your way – and maybe to get a small image what it means to become holy.
(Words of prayer by a Lay Salvatorian)
The loving god is on the way with you, particularly in the moments,
where you need him special.
If you have a concern for that you think it’s a need to be prayed, don’t hesitate to tell us with a comment or a prayer request → go to “prayer request” left above, please.
Each contribution to this prayer chain is always welcome!