Let us pray in common
We, the General Committee of the ICDS, ask all the Lay Salvatorians over the world to enclose the following requests in their prayer and to build a prayer chain over the world for …
- for Pope Francis, that the Holy Spirit will give him the power to fulfill his mission for the renewing of our church – and may God preserve him healthy.
- for the recognition of a miracle for the Holy See to review and accept for the beatification of Fr. Jordan, founder of the Salvatorians.
- for the successful outcome from the Pontifical Council for the Lay Faithful, granting us the approval of our statutes and recognition as the International Community of the Divine Savior.
- for the members of the General Committee, that they find ways and a speech to encourage and motivate all Lay Salvatorians of the world, that each one carries his part of effort of the development of the Salvatorian family and so the project goes on.
Give them the grace to be apostles, and to find always answers to the complex challenges of our time.
- for the members of the ICDS commissions, that the Holy Spirit may inspire them in their work for a good development of the organization
- for the Salvatorian mission year 2015 – that it renews our all vocation for the Salvatorian mission and gifts us with a powerful motivation to bring the love of God in each of the required forms to the people we meet.
and especially for
- for the people, so they find paths out of the spiral of violence and corruption.
- for those who are in a hopeless situation.
- for those who have no other prospects in life, as violence and guns
- for those who defend life, peace and justice
- for each person who is suffering on the violence, hatred and apathy.
- for them who were injured – for those who were injured by the consequences of war – for those who had to leave relatives and friends –
Give them peace and an open heart so that forgiveness and reconciliation is possible. Only forgiveness is the gate for a new start in a new life in Justice and Peace..
- for Christian unity in its diversity – Catholics, Eastern Catholic, Orthodox and Protestant
among themselves, that they may live as credible testimony supporting the Good News
- against the sadness and hopelessness – and for new perspectives.
- for to build up new houses and utility installations for the people
- and easy for peace …!
- for justice and peace, acceptance and mutual tolerance in the region.
- for respect of other religions and their members
- for the end of the civil war in Syria and Iraq and especially all refugees – and all people who hope on freedom and have an interest in the end of the battles
- for the displaced persons and refugees, give them a safe new home and bring the families and friends back together
- for all the children in the countries, that they learn to live together in freedom and respect with others.
- let us start to dream from a region without bombs and weapons, where love and respect are high values again.
- for all the people who are suffering on armed conflicts over the globe which are out of our focus at the moment.
- for those who are suffering under inhibition, persecution, slavery and all kinds of barbarity.
The unknown persons …
- for those, which are in your hearts, – which should be on this prayer chain,
but do not have the knowing or the possibility to be there.
- for all the unknown neighbors.
- for those, which are including other people in their prayers – people, which are never known and seen before.
- for those, which are thinking one time on unknown others … and recognize them as their sisters and brothers.
- Thanks for that service for your unknown neighbor. Thanks for the kind words and thoughts, thanks for the compassion – may God have it credited!
- for engaged Lay Salvatorians which will more involved themselves in the prayer chain and move and develop forward this idea
- for the improvement of our communication across the borderlines of our units/countries.
- for all members of the Salvatorian family, that they recognize more the richness of this community and feel home there as brothers and sisters.
- for the developing of the groups of Lay Salvatorians and that we confess our faith in the Divine Savior – – whether convenient or not!
- for those who think they are lost or forgotten.
- Lord, make our church again to a place of home, a place of interest and joy, a place of freedom and justice!
- for the responsible politicians of our nations. Give them the wisdom, that immigrants are often the result of a failed economic politic, war and/or non perspectives for the people. We all could work against this atrocious conditions – if we really want it to do.
- Oh Lord, send us called, which assist us in our tasks and help us to invite young people.
Probably- you know the difficulties and inhuman situations of war, crime, intolerance, violence and terror in several countries like Palestine, Iraq, Pakistan, Venezuela, and so on. What can we as easy people do? In memory of the Monday prayers for peace in the Leipzig’s St. Nicholas Church before 1989, what finally brought peace and freedom for the citizens of the former GDR, we want to invite you to follow this idea.
Let’s come together as possible on each Monday evening over the world for a prayer for justice and peace – if in chapels, churches, on the street, at your work or at home – where ever you are. Invite family members, friends, neighbors, or someone you know and /or who could be interested and follow this idea. Spend a time of prayer and quietness together and ask the Lord to give peace in all hearts and minds, which are longing for it. Especially for the children, families and civilians but also for those soldiers, which are not of own will but forced to fight in the battles.
Peace is always possible if someone dares the first step. Maybe this prayer can remind us to start this first step! – In this way the prayer chain can become a physical reality.
BE A PART OF IT !
May – the month of blessed virgin Mary
Hail, holy Queen
Hail, holy Queen, Mother of mercy, our life, our sweetness and our hope.
To thee do we cry, poor banished children of Eve.
To thee to we send up our sighs, mourning and weeping in this valley of tears.
Turn, then, most gracious advocate, thine eyes of mercy toward us,
and after this, our exile, show unto us the blessed fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
O clement, O loving, O sweet Virgin Mary.
V. Pray for us, O holy Mother of God.
R. That we may be made worthy of the promises of Christ.
Let us pray. Almighty and everlasting God,
Who by the working of the Holy Spirit didst prepare both
body and soul of the glorious Virgin Mother, Mary,
that she might deserve to be made a worthy dwelling for Thy Son,
grant that we who rejoice in her memory, may, by her loving intercession,
be delivered from present evils and from lasting death, through the same Christ our Lord.
Salve, Regina, mater misericordiae;
vita, dulcedo et spes nostra, salve.
Ad te clamamus exsules filii Hevae.
Ad te suspiramus gementes et flentes
in hac lacrimarum valle.
Eia ergo, advocata nostra,
illos tuos misericordes oculos ad nos converte.
Et Iesum, benedictum fructum ventris tui,
nobis post hoc exsilium ostende.
O clemens, o pia, o dulcis Virgo Maria.
V. Ora pro nobis, sancta Dei Genitrix.
R. Ut digni efficamur promissionibus Christi.
Oremus. Omnipotens sempiterne Deus,
qui gloriosae Virginis Matris Mariae corpus et animam,
ut dignum Filii tui habitaculum effici mereretur, Spiritu Sancto cooperante,
praeparasti, da, ut cuius commemoratione laetamur;
eius pia intercessione,
ab instantibus malis et a morte perpetua liberemur.
Per eundem Christum Dominum nostrum.