Let us pray in common
We, the General Committee of the ICDS, ask all the Lay Salvatorians over the world to enclose the following requests in their prayer and to build a prayer chain over the world for …
- for Pope Francis, that the Holy Spirit will give him the power to fulfill his mission for the renewing of our church – and may God preserve him healthy.
- for the recognition of a miracle for the Holy See to review and accept for the beatification of Fr. Jordan, founder of the Salvatorians.
- for the successful outcome from the Pontifical Council for the Lay Faithful, granting us the approval of our statutes and recognition as the International Community of the Divine Savior.
- for the members of the General Committee, that they find ways and a speech to encourage and motivate all Lay Salvatorians of the world, that each one carries his part of effort of the development of the Salvatorian family and so the project gets on.
Give them the grace to be apostles, and to find always answers to the complex challenges of our time.
- for the members of the ICDS commissions, that the Holy Spirit may inspire them in their work for a good development of the organization
- for the year of mercy 2016 – that we find ways to discover the mercy of God and are able the carry it forward to our family, neighbors, friends, relatives, …
and especially for
Society of the Divine Savior
- for the participants of the General Synod that they become inspired and guided by the Holy Spirit and find good solutions for the future of the Salvatorian Family in general.
- for refugees who take incredible exertions to escape the terrible conditions in their homeland.
- for the refugee children along their trip to and through Europe. Let them find good people who alleviate their most suffering and give them healthy and secure accommodation.
- for the refugee women that they find areas of respect and security on their trip.
- for the people of Europe, that they open their hearts for those people who are seeking help.
- for the people of Europe that they understand that no one leaves his home just for fun and moves into an uncertain future.
- for all concerned, that they recognize the great challenge as a great opportunity for a better future.
- for the people of Europe that they are not be tempted by right-wing populists and profiteers, who only have the destruction of society in mind.
- for the people, so they find paths out of the spiral of violence and corruption.
- for those who are in a hopeless situation.
- for those who have no other prospects in life, as violence and guns
- for those who defend life, peace and justice
- for a Lay Salvatorian after a heart attack. Lord be with him and his family, please.
- for the Salvatorian Family development
- for each person who is suffering on the violence, hatred and apathy.
- for them who were injured – for those who were injured by the consequences of war – for those who had to leave relatives and friends –
Give them peace and an open heart so that forgiveness and reconciliation is possible. Only forgiveness is the gate for a new start in a new life in Justice and Peace.
- for Christian unity in its diversity – Catholics, Eastern Catholic, Orthodox and Protestant
among themselves, that they may live as credible testimony supporting the Good News
- against the sadness and hopelessness – and for new perspectives.
- for to build up new houses and utility installations for the people
- and easy for peace …!
Middle East Region
- for justice and peace, acceptance and mutual tolerance in the region.
- for respect of other religions and their members
- for the end of the civil war in Syria and Iraq and especially all refugees – and all people who hope on freedom and have an interest in the end of the battles
- for the displaced persons and refugees, give them a safe new home and bring the families and friends back together
- for all the children in the countries, that they learn to live together in freedom and respect with others.
- let us start to dream from a region without bombs and weapons, where love and respect are high values again.
- for the Salvatorian Family development
The forgotten conflicts and grievances out of our focus
- for all the people who are suffering on armed conflicts over the globe which are out of our focus at the moment.
- for those who are suffering under inhibition, persecution, slavery and all kinds of barbarity.
- for all people who have to flee their homes– give them a new one, please.
- orf those who have a difficult road ahead of them or are on this at the moment – be with them, please.
- for those in the so called rich countries – give them a heart and the joy of sharing.
The unknown persons …
- for those, which are in your hearts, – which should be on this prayer chain,
but do not have the knowing or the possibility to be there.
- for all the unknown neighbors.
- for those, which are supporting the help for the refugees and give them a home!
- for those, which are including other people in their prayers – people, which are never known and seen before.
- for those, which are thinking one time on unknown others … and recognize them as their sisters and brothers.
- Thanks for that service for your unknown neighbour. Thanks for the kind words and thoughts, thanks for the compassion – may God have it credited!
- for engaged Lay Salvatorians which will more involved themselves in the prayer chain and move and develop forward this idea
- for the improvement of our communication across the borderlines of our units/countries.
- for all members of the Salvatorian family, that they recognize more the richness of this community and feel home there as brothers and sisters.
- for the developing of the groups of Lay Salvatorians and that we confess our faith in the Divine Savior – – whether convenient or not!
- for those who think they are lost or forgotten.
- Lord, make our church again to a place of home, a place of interest and joy, a place of freedom and justice!
- for the responsible politicians of our nations. Give them the wisdom, that immigrants are often the result of a failed economic politic, war and/or non perspectives for the people. We all could work against this atrocious conditions – if we really want it to do.
- that we learn to share the goods of this world more and furthermore each one recognizes that money is not the sense of our life
- Oh Lord, send us called, which assist us in our tasks and help us to invite young people.
Probably- you know the difficulties and inhuman situations of war, crime, intolerance, violence and terror in several countries like Palestine, Iraq, Pakistan, Venezuela, and so on. What can we as easy people do?
Let’s come together as possible on each Monday evening over the world for a prayer for justice and peace – if in chapels, churches, on the street, at your work or at home – where ever you are. Invite family members, friends, neighbours, or someone you know and /or who could be interested and follow this idea. Spend a time of prayer and quietness together and ask the Lord to give peace in all hearts and minds, which are longing for it. Especially for the children, families and civilians, but also for those soldiers, which are not of own will but forced to fight in the battles.
Even if you’re only a minute in short prayer or intense thoughts here, you are living the communion with God for peace! – Peace is always possible if someone dares the first step. Maybe this prayer can remind us to start this first step!
A prayer for this month
The kindness and love of God for humanity has appeared in Jesus Christ.
In Him, the one true Savior of the world, all are called to union with God ad with one another, to form the People of God.
Christ urges us, as He did the apostles, to embrace a life of total dedication to God.
Our baptismal call urges us to strive for perfect love, which for us is realized in life in community, according to the evangelical counsels and apostolic service.
We proclaim Jesus Christ to all people by all ways and means which the love of Christ inspires, especially through the witness of our lives, our kindness and our apostolic zeal.
Jesus Christ had a preferential option for the poor and oppressed.
The work of Justice and Peace in the world is part of our task of evangelization.
We are called by God to a community of faith, fraternity and apostolate.
Following the example of the first Christians, we share with one another our faith experience, our friendship and our apostolic activities.
Gathered in the name of Christ the Savior, we are assured that He is in our midst, as the continuing source of our unity, strength and apostolic effectiveness.
Lord Jesus Christ, Savior of the world, you never cease to call persons to dedicate themselves wholly and entirely like the apostles, so that all may find salvation in you. In Francis Jordan you raised up such a zealous and faithful servant to proclaim your Gospel.
Through the intercession of Mary, Mother of the Savior, we ask you to give us, as you did your servant, Francis, unshakable trust in your loving guidance, apostolic zeal for your kingdom, selfless dedication in the service of others, and courage to follow you even to the cross. Through the intercession of your servant, Francis, graciously hear our personal requests, and in all our needs, let us find our help in you.
Text from the opening prayer of the US Salvatorian National Assembly from June 20, 2016
The loving god is on the way with you, particularly in the moments,
where you need him special.
If you have a concern for that you think it’s a need to be prayed, don’t hesitate to tell us with a comment or a prayer request → go to “prayer request” left above, please.