Let us pray in common
We, the General Committee of the ICDS, ask all the Lay Salvatorians over the world to enclose the following requests in their prayer and to build a prayer chain over the world for …
- for Pope Francis, that the Holy Spirit will give him the power to fulfill his mission for the renewing of our church – and may God preserve him healthy.
- for the recognition of a miracle for the Holy See to review and accept for the beatification of Fr. Jordan, founder of the Salvatorians.
- for the successful outcome from the Pontifical Council for the Lay Faithful, granting us the approval of our statutes and recognition as the International Community of the Divine Savior.
- for the members of the General Committee, that they find ways and a speech to encourage and motivate all Lay Salvatorians of the world, that each one carries his part of effort of the development of the Salvatorian family and so the project gets on.
Give them the grace to be apostles, and to find always answers to the complex challenges of our time.
- for the members of the ICDS commissions, that the Holy Spirit may inspire them in their work for a good development of the organization
- for all Lay Salvatorians that they recognize and/or discover (again) and follow their special vocation and to develop one’s own identity.
- for all members of the Salvatorian family who are renewing their commitment in December – may the Holy Spirit inspire them.
- for all women and men who are doing the first commitment in the Salvatorian family in December – Lord give them trust and confidence.
and especially for
- for refugees who take incredible exertions to escape the terrible conditions in their homeland.
- for the refugee children along their trip to and through Europe. Let them find good people who alleviate their most suffering and give them healthy and secure accommodation.
- for the refugee women that they find areas of respect and security on their trip.
- for the people of Europe, that they open their hearts for those people who are seeking help.
- for the people of Europe that they understand that no one leaves his home just for fun and moves into an uncertain future.
- for all concerned, that they recognize the great challenge as a great opportunity for a better future.
- for the people of Europe that they are not be tempted by right-wing populists and profiteers, who only have the destruction of society in mind.
- for refugees who became victims of traffickers or get forced into modern slavery.
- for a political renewal which target a common future in freedom and peace.
- for the people, so they find paths out of the spiral of violence and corruption.
- for those who are in a hopeless situation.
- for those who have no other prospects in life, as violence and guns
- for those who defend life, peace and justice
- for the victims and their relatives of the earthquakes in August and November. Lord, give new vitality and strength to them to build new and earthquake-proof their home again.
- for the Lay Salvatorians – may they recognize and live their vocation despite all difficulties.
- for each person who is suffering on the violence, hatred and apathy.
- for them who were injured – for those who were injured by the consequences of war – for those who had to leave relatives and friends –
Give them peace and an open heart so that forgiveness and reconciliation is possible. Only forgiveness is the gate for a new start in a new life in Justice and Peace.
- for Christian unity in its diversity – Catholics, Eastern Catholic, Orthodox and Protestant
among themselves, that they may live as credible testimony supporting the Good News
- against the sadness and hopelessness – and for new perspectives.
- for to build up new houses and utility installations for the people
- and easy for PEACE …!
Middle East Region
- for justice and peace, acceptance and mutual tolerance in the region.
- for respect of other religions and their members
- for the end of the civil war in Syria and Iraq and especially all refugees – and all people who hope on freedom and have an interest in the end of the battles
- for the displaced persons and refugees, give them a safe new home and bring the families and friends back together
- for all the children in the countries, that they learn to live together in freedom and respect with others.
- let us start to dream from a region without bombs and weapons, where love and respect are high values again.
- for the development of the Salvatorian Family
The forgotten conflicts and grievances out of our focus
- for all the people who are suffering on armed conflicts over the globe which are out of our focus at the moment.
- for those who are suffering under inhibition, persecution, slavery and all kinds of barbarity.
- for all people who have to flee their homes– give them a new one, please.
- orf those who have a difficult road ahead of them or are on this at the moment – be with them, please.
- for those in the so called rich countries – give them a heart and the joy of sharing.
The unknown persons …
- for those, which are in your hearts, – which should be on this prayer chain,
but do not have the knowing or the possibility to be there.
- for all the unknown neighbors.
- for those, which are supporting the help for the refugees and give them a home!
- for those, which are including other people in their prayers – people, which are never known and seen before.
- for those, which are thinking one time on unknown others … and recognize them as their sisters and brothers.
- Thanks for that service for your unknown neighbor. Thanks for the kind words and thoughts, thanks for the compassion – may God have it credited!
- for engaged Lay Salvatorians which will more involved themselves in the prayer chain and move and develop forward this idea
- for the improvement of our communication across the borderlines of our units/countries.
- for all members of the Salvatorian family, that they recognize more the richness of this community and feel home there as brothers and sisters.
- for the developing of the groups of Lay Salvatorians and that we confess our faith in the Divine Savior – – whether convenient or not!
- for those who think they are lost or forgotten.
- Lord, make our church again to a place of home, a place of interest and joy, a place of freedom and justice!
- for the responsible politicians of our nations. Give them the wisdom, that immigrants are often the result of a failed economic politic, war and/or non perspectives for the people. We all could work against this atrocious conditions – if we really want it to do.
- that we learn to share the goods of this world more and furthermore each one recognizes that money is not the sense of our life
- Oh Lord, send us called, which assist us in our tasks and help us to invite young people.
Probably- you know the difficulties and inhuman situations of war, crime, intolerance, violence and terror in several countries like Palestine, Iraq, Pakistan, Venezuela, and so on. What can we as easy people do?
We come together as possible on each Monday evening over the world for a prayer for justice and peace – if in chapels, churches, on the street, at your work or at home – where ever you are. You are not alone, there are more people with you in prayer as you can imagine. Invite family members, friends, neighbors, or someone you know and /or who could be interested and follow this idea. Spend a time of prayer and quietness together and ask the Lord to give peace in all hearts and minds, which are longing for it. Especially for the children, families and civilians, but also for those soldiers and combatants, which are not of their own will in the battles, but were forced to fight by others.
Even if you’re only a minute in short prayer or intense thoughts here, you are living the communion with God for peace! – Peace is always possible if someone dares the first step. Maybe this prayer can remind us to start it with this easy first step!
A prayer for this month
Loving God, we thank you for
the example of St Nicholas,
who fed the hungry,
brought hope to the imprisoned,
gave comfort to the lost,
and taught the truth to all.
May we strive to imitate him
by putting you first in all we do.
Give us the courage, love and strength
of St Nicholas, so that, like him,
we may serve you through loving
our brothers and sisters.
A prayer for Advent
God of hope, who brought love into this world,
be the love that dwells between us.
God of hope, who brought peace into this world,
be the peace that dwells between us.
God of hope, who brought joy into this world,
be the joy that dwells between us.
God of hope, the rock we stand upon,
be the centre, the focus of our lives
always, and particularly this Advent time.
The loving god is on the way with you, particularly in the moments,
where you need him special.
If you have a concern for that you think it’s a need to be prayed, don’t hesitate to tell us with a comment or a prayer request → go to “prayer request” left above, please.