Thoughts about the ICDS prayer chain

Christian

Thoughts about the ICDS prayer chain

Post by Christian »

Although I have made the procedure of request for a prayer much easier, a translation option is available, the chain is always less availed ...
I also see that the texts get not translated in other languages, e.g. Spanish, Polish, Italian, etc. I don't know why, because it needs only at the first time more effort. Afterwards it's only necessary to change the modifieded parts and that needs only a few minutes once a month.
In the request it's not necessary to write down the full story of the person, I think. This makes translatings difficult and time intensiv. Of interest could be Name, age, reason for the request. Maybe someone has here some more ideas, so we find a structure or form to fill out for an easy request.

Maybe an answer why the prayer chain is "important":
  • Each month it brings Lay Salvatorians over the world together and unites them in prayer for the same request.
  • Each memebr get the feeling to be a part of a worldwide family - there are some people at the other end of the world praying for my/our request and thinking on me/us!
  • We have each month the chance to share together our "small Holy Scripture" (I call it always our "Small Bible"). It's our evidence and expression of our relationsship with God.
  • For this reason, it was also stated by us in the questionnaire of the Vatican's recognition of our community. (Remark: The reason for the regular publication of "ICS-update" is to see in a similar way ...)
  • Each time after the email was sent out that the new issue is online, I register more than 10 hits on the webpage between 24 hours ...
Proposals again:
  • Each unit decide to have one responsible person for collecting request --> as best it would be the unit secretary, I think.
  • The unit secretary will give support to people, which will make a request --> e.g. possibilities of translation, support to bring the request online, ...
  • Each month an other unit is responsible for the common prayer and bring out the main points - so we could share our different mentalities in prayer to recognize the common richness in our diversity.
Otherwise - if the interest goes down continuing, we should think to finish this project ...
JudyBDavisSDS

Re: Thoughts about the ICDS prayer chain

Post by JudyBDavisSDS »

Christian,

I think we have to continue to offer the information. It is important and at the same time do just what you are doing, solicit more input, ask how we can make it better and find out why people are not using it or if they are interested in some other means.

I too do not understand why it is not more utilized, prayer is a very concrete way we can be brought togetehr.

is it possible to have an automatic email go out to all countries when you post a new message or update, prayer chain etc.,?
Christian

Post by Christian »

It's no problem for me to send each month a reminder - I had the thought, that this is not necessary anymore - but ok. no problem for me!
We have to overcome a lot of borderlines - I think that would be our important part in the next months.
But - Constant dripping wears the stone! ;)
JudyBDavisSDS

Post by JudyBDavisSDS »

I think I understand but, we have to build the habits in the people - I think a reminder to go LOOK at UPDATE, the Prayer Chain, the news would help in buidling that habit for the Unit leaders?