Uniform text of the commitment

Christian

Uniform text of the commitment

Post by Christian »

One of the claims of the dicastery is to write a uniform text of the commitment in the statutes. -->
Art. 6.4.: The core formula used for personal commitment should be uniform for all members, should include a reference to accepting the statutes, and should be approved at international level.
I'm aware that we use maybe very different kinds of text for the commitment at the moment based on our origin culture and language. It can become a challenge to find a common text which takes into account all the different ways to the target and not excludes anyone. We have to find the easiest but simultaneously the significant form of text in which we all can find ourselves, without hurting anyone or to overcharge.
Based on my experience up to now and all the inputs to this topic from several units I tried to work out the following text draft:

Lord Jesus Christ, Savior of the world,
I
“name”
“Date of birth”

became aware of your call and I’m ready to follow you in the International Community of the Devine Savior, which statutes I accept. I believe and count on you, you are the middle and source of my life. I want to be your living testimony who always and everywhere bears your unconditional love to my next by all ways and means.
I trust in the intercession of your blessed Mother Mary and all the patrons of the Salvatorian community, as well as the daily support of my sisters and brothers in the Salvatorian family. Furthermore, in your mercy - I ask you to accept and fulfill my promise and what you have started to effect in me.
I commit myself here in the presence of the Salvatorian community to these lines for "time"

I will appreciate your remarks and support - but be careful and take into account it has to be a common text valid all over the world, please.
Christian

Re: Uniform text of the commitment

Post by Christian »

UPDATE

Post by Ken Drake » 26 May 2019, 22:20
I would like to submit a "cleaned up" version of the Commitment Formula in the current Statutes:
Commitment Formula
Lord Jesus Christ, Savior of the world, to intensify my baptismal commitment, I (the undersigned), commit myself before You and in the presence of the community of (name of local Salvatorian Community) for (one year/life) as a Lay Salvatorian. I make this commitment in accordance with the Salvatorian mission of the Church as defined by our Founder Father Francis Mary of the Cross Jordan, and the Statues of the International Community of the Divine Savior. As a committed lay person, I want to devote myself as a witness of Christian life and apostolic action in order to make Christ the Savior known and loved by all men. Counting on the grace of God with the intercession of Blessed Virgin Mary, Mother of the Savior, and the apostles and with the support of the Salvatorian Family I hope to faithfully fulfill my commitment.

Post by SABINSABIN » 11 Jun 2019, 04:52
I put it in SP and EN in case translation is not so accurate in the perfect meaning

Commitment formula: the one used in Venezuela, Mexico, Spain
(EN)
Commitment Act
Date
(First/Renewal) Commitment Salvatorian Lays of (place)
Community (name of the community of Salvatorians laymen)

Lord Jesus Christ, Savior of the world, to intensify my baptismal commitment, I (name) pledge myself before you and in the presence of the community of Lay Salvatorians of (place) for one year, with the Salvatorian mission of the Church, collaborating in the salvation of all The men, as proposed by our founder Father Francis Mary of The Cross Jordan, according to the Statutes of the "International Community of the Divine Savior". As a committed layman, I want to commit myself to my witness of life and apostolic action so that Christ may be known and loved by all men. Counting on the grace of God, with the intercession of Mary, Mother of the Savior and the Apostles and with the support of the Salvatorian family, I hope to faithfully fulfill my commitment.
Name
Signature
Date

(SP)ESPAÑOL
Acta de compromiso
Fecha
(Primer/Renovación) Compromiso Salvatorianos Laicos de (lugar)
Comunidad (Nombre de la comunidad de Salvatorianos Laicos)

Señor Jesucristo, Salvador del mundo, para intensificar mi compromiso bautismal, yo (Nombre) me comprometo ante Ti y en presencia de la Comunidad de Salvatorianos Laicos de (Lugar) por un año, con la misión Salvatoriana de la iglesia, colaborando en la salvación de todos los hombres, conforme nos los propone nuestro fundador el padre Francisco María de La Cruz Jordán, según los estatutos de la “Comunidad Internacional del Divino Salvador”. Como laico comprometido, quiero empeñarme con mi testimonio de vida y acción apostólica a fin de que Cristo sea conocido y amado por todos los hombres. Contando con la gracia de Dios, con la intercesión de María, Madre del Salvador y de los Apóstoles y con el apoyo de la Familia Salvatoriana, espero cumplir fielmente mi compromiso.
Nombre
Firma
Fecha

T

Post by SABINSABIN » 11 Jun 2019, 05:00
I see there are very much similaryties

USA and Venezuela (Spain, Mexico) versions are identical except Venezuela includes "acording to the statutes of the International Comunity of the Divine Savior"

Chris versión is very, very similar. Contains the same key elements said in a different text. Not a big issue.

We need to collect other ones to see if there are any big or deep differences. If not, the road for a common formula is paved.

Post by SABINSABIN » 06 Jul 2019, 03:21
Brazil´s commitment formula(It´s identical to USA and VEN)

(EN)
Art. 48 °. COMMITMENT FORMULA:
Lord Jesus Christ, Savior of the world, to intensify my baptismal commitment, I, _______________________, hereby commit myself to _________________ (National Director or his / her representative), by __________ (one year, two years, three years , five years or forever), with the Salvatorian mission in the Church, collaborating in the salvation of all people as proposed by our Founder, Fr. Francisco Maria da Cruz Jordan, according to the Statutes of the Divine Savior Association. As a lay apostle I want to commit myself, with my witness of life and my apostolic work, so that Christ the Savior may be known and loved by all people.
Counting on the grace of God, with the intercession of Mary, Mother of the Savior, and the Apostles, and with the support of the Salvatorian Family, I hope to faithfully fulfill this commitment.

(POR) Art. 48°. FÓRMULA DO COMPROMISSO:
Senhor Jesus Cristo, Salvador do mundo, para intensificar meu compromisso batismal, eu, _______________________, comprometo-me, perante _________________, (Diretor(a) Nacional ou seu (sua) representante), por ________(um ano, dois anos, três anos, cinco anos ou para sempre), com a missão salvatoriana na Igreja, colaborando na salvação de todas as pessoas conforme nos propõe nosso Fundador, Pe. Francisco Maria da Cruz Jordan, segundo o Estatuto da Associação do Divino Salvador. Como apóstolo(a) leigo(a) quero me empenhar, com meu testemunho de vida e minha ação apostólica, para que Cristo Salvador seja conhecido e amado por todas as pessoas.
Contando com a graça de Deus, com a intercessão de Maria, Mãe do Salvador, e dos Apóstolos, e com o apoio da Família Salvatoriana, espero cumprir fielmente este meu compromisso.

Videira, 26 de junho de 2010

Post by Christian » 08 Jul 2019, 10:22
Thank you Sabin for the input. As you wrote, the content of the texts are very similar even the words are chosen differently. I think the reason is based on the mentality and how people express the same thing in a different way.
So I think we could go one step forward and try to find one text that includes the content of most of the other texts. Here are the English native speakers called now.

Post by Ken Drake » 20 Jul 2019, 00:54
Lord Jesus Christ, Savior of the world, to intensify my baptismal commitment, I (the undersigned), commit myself as a Lay Salvatorian before You and in the presence of the Salvatorian community of (name of community) for (one year/two years/three years or life) in accordance with the Statues of the International Community of the Divine Savior and in accordance with the Salvatorian mission of the Church as defined by our Founder Father Francis Mary of the Cross Jordan. As a committed lay person, I want to devote myself as a witness of Christian life and apostolic action in order to make Christ the Savior known and loved by all people. Counting on the grace of God with the intercession of the Blessed Virgin Mary, Mother of the Savior, and the apostles, and with the support of the Salvatorian Family I hope to faithfully fulfill my commitment.

Signature, date, place

revised 9/5/2019