Chapter 5: Question about our Lay Salvatorian spirituality

Christian

Chapter 5: Question about our Lay Salvatorian spirituality

Post by Christian »

In article 5 of the statutes, we have to explain our Lay Salvatorian spirituality. In the last versions, only words and/or sentences were copied from some Salvatorian documents. But we should try to describe it with our OWN words here. Therefore I ask every one of you to find your own words first, please. It does not matter if you say it with simple words - In my opinion, this will be much more authentic then the other way. So let's share what comes up in your minds, please.
It is also important to have it from the different points of views which depends on our mentality and where you come from.

After we have collected all these sentences we will clear up it and try to bring it into common good words.

IMPORTANT: Don't fall back on sentences from the fathers or the sisters, please. The dicastery is asking us about OUR words and OUR (Lay Salvatorian) point of view. It does not matter if there is coming up a little bit more of practical life in the words. That shows that we act really according to that - and that's that what they want to see.
Christian

Re: Question about our Lay Salvatorian spirituality

Post by Christian »

This challenge made me very busy. Therefore I took the time to reflect and came to the following lines:
Salvatorian lay spirituality is part of Salvatorian spirituality, which is expressed day by day by members of the International Community of the Divine Redeemer through a particular lifestyle guided by the Salvatorian Charisma and the Salvatorian Mission.
Through the lifestyle and commitment of the Lay Salvatorians, something of the goodness and righteousness of God should become visible. The Salvatorian spirituality is a spirituality of the way → Living as a Lay Salvatorian means being on the way anew every day and meet other people in a healing way. It's all about forming one's heart for life so that Lay Salvatorians become more and more to people who live in relationship with God and for others. Likewise, Lay Salvatorians will always remain learners in encountering other environments, cultures, and religions. They value in them those values that promote the life and development of all human beings and human society - in the mirror of God's unconditional love.
Some of the specific elements of the spirituality are:
• to experience God as the center of our lives and live always in his presence
• trust in Divine Providence, to help others through their way of life to discover the love of God
• to manifest the goodness and philanthropy of the Savior
• being people of prayer
• being poor in spirit
• having apostolic zeal
• living out truth, justice, solidarity, and faithfulness
• being willing to bear the cross for the sake of the mission
• loving inclusively
• following the example of Mary by making the Savior known
• loving the church
This description of the Lay Salvatorian Spirituality is based and developed by the lines written in Lumen Gentium 31:
Their personal and communal spirituality is rooted in their experience of God the Father. Jesus Christ, who came to give life to all, is the Source and the Center of their spirituality. With Mary, His mother, they bear to others the Savior they have come to know themselves. The Holy Spirit guides and enlightens them along the way. [1] They are called there by God that by exercising their proper function and led by the spirit of the Gospel they may work for the sanctification of the world from within as a leaven. In this way they may make Christ known to others, especially by the testimony of a life resplendent in faith, hope, and charity. Therefore, since they are tightly bound up in all types of temporal affairs it is their special task to order and to throw light upon these affairs in such a way that they may come into being and then continually increase according to Christ to the praise of the Creator and the Redeemer. [2]

[1] Charter of the Salvatorian Family, Rome, June 2007
[2] Dogmatic Constitution on the church - LUMEN GENTIUM solemnly promulgated by his holiness Pope PAUL VI, 1964
This lines should replace the Art. 5.1. What do you think?
Kenzia Drake

Post by Kenzia Drake »

I asked Judy Davis for her thoughts on this question and attached is her response. I find this response an excellent description of Lay Salvatorian Spirituality.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Christian

Post by Christian »

UPDATE
Re: question about the Lay Salvatorian spirituality

Post by Ken Drake » 27 Feb 2019, 02:42
Attached is the response to the request from another Lay Salvatorian in the USA, Sue Haertel.

Attachments

Lay Salvatorian Spirituality from Sue H.docx
(10.94 KiB) Downloaded 4 times

Post by SABINSABIN » 07 Mar 2019, 03:38
2 short ideas to add on the spirituality description

-being Salvatorian animators 24x365 in our homes, work, studies, neighborhood, letting people recognize the love and kindness of God when they see how we take care of each other

-giving the salvation good news to others, popularizing the truths and the joy of the gospel

Post by SABINSABIN » 07 Mar 2019, 03:45
like very much Judy and Chris versions

Post by Christian » 11 Mar 2019, 13:00
I have read and thought overall drafts several times and came to following the conclusion: All three proposals have similar content (what else?), which is expressed by other words sometimes. In my opinion, the best way is to combine the three texts to one and bring it into a formal ("unpersonal" we say in German) form.

Post by Ken Drake » 15 Mar 2019, 20:16
Would you like me to try to combine them?
Of course Ken!!! - You have never to ask about this!

I'm working also on a result at the moment and see what I have until now here -->

CDS Spirituality - 2.odt
(27.06 KiB) Downloaded 4 times

I personally like the lines of Judy's text but have some difficulties with it at the same moment. Don't misunderstand me, please. This bases on the used "flowering" language which could be understood in a wrong or "old fashioned" by other mentalities. Maybe we could find more fresh and inspiring words of today (modern language). It should be balanced and acceptable for the most.

So let us share and discuss it afterward to come to a finished paper. I'm looking forward to your version and also to learn how you express these things in your language.

Ken Drake

Post by Ken Drake » 10 Sep 2019, 23:07
I have read and re-read these suggestions, and I really can't seem to come up with a "combination". I'll have to read again and think about them. There is so much to combine.

Ken Drake

Post by Ken Drake » 16 Sep 2019, 22:01
I like the version 2.odt and think it is a good starting point for our Skype call on the 19th.