chapter 6 - 6.2.1 / 6.3.2

Celso

chapter 6 - 6.2.1 / 6.3.2

Post by Celso »

The current statute does not properly address the issue of Salvatorian youth and so I am sending some suggestions for adaptation of chapter 6. I would like the team to analyze this subject realizing the importance of considering the importance that the youth deserves to receive in our Salvatorian family

Sugestion to ICDS STATUTES:
CHAPTER 6
Membership & Formation
MY SUGGESTION IS TO ELIMINETED ITEM A. Due to when we define” at least 18 years” restricts the inclusion of new young people considering that today we are focusing on the Salavatorian youth, this item may in the future generate a restriction on the inclusion of such youth.

6.2.1 At the end of the paragraph replace:
Actual - Children and youths can start the initial formation from the coming of age.

Porpoise: Children and young people should receive their own formation according to their age and be able to join the Salvatorian family by becoming members according to their maturity relative to their own age.

6.3.2 in order to encourage the continued growth of youth. Change the actual text to:
Actual : Members have the responsibility to contribute to the financial support of the ICDS in so far as their economic and social situation allows.

Porpouse: Members have the responsibility to contribute to the financial support of the ICDS in so far as their economic and social situation allows. Consider the minimum age of 18 to consider being a member able to make the contribution.
Christian

Re: chapter 6 - 6.2.1 / 6.3.2

Post by Christian »

Dear Celso, I can follow your thoughts and agree with you 120% that the Youth are an important group we should not lose from our view! But I think we have to open for the Youth a separate area. The reason is Canon law and civil law which allow only adult persons with the legal capacity to make a commitment. In the same way, you can't become a Salvatorian member in one of the two other branches if you are not adult and with legal capacity.
Therefore can children or youth not become a member of the iCDS. - Sorry, we had discussed this point very intensively at our first constitutional meeting in 2003 in Rome. And the result is mirrored in the lines you have in the proposed statutes.

But this is a very good point and task for the workgroup "Expanding the Salvatorian Family"!