Chapter 6.3

Christian

Chapter 6.3

Post by Christian »

The dicastery remarked:
Art. 6.3.: In the formation of candidates, paragraphs c. and f. seem to repeat each other: (c. Identity, Spirituality and Charism of Salvatorian Laity; f. Salvatorian charism, mission, spirituality and identity).
Art. 6.3.g.: For "Preparation for apostolic life" write "Preparation for apostolate".
Therefore I suggest to change the text to:

The candidate stage is a period of time (minimum of one year; however, no longer than three years) when primary and deeper formation takes place. Various topics are learned there:
a) Basic formation in the Holy Scripture
b) Practical formation in prayer
c) Identity, Spirituality and Charism of Salvatorian Laity
d) Knowledge of national and international social, political, economic and ecological issues with attentiveness to the signs of the times
e) Knowledge of the life and work of Fr. Francis Jordan and Blessed Mary of the Apostles
f) Preparation for apostolate life as Lay Salvatorian
h) Participation in the larger Salvatorian Family

The executive team of the unit is responsible for the execution of the initial formation plans. It can determine a responsible member for the formation program. The initial formation plans of each unit have to be approved by the GC. Advice and cooperation with the Salvatorian Family teams can be possible[1] and are at the judgment of the unit executive team.

In those countries where an executive team of the ICDS unit does not yet exist, the GC is responsible for the execution of the initial formation plans. It can determine a responsible member for the formation program, e.g. who is able to speak the language and /or is located close to the new unit. Furthermore, the GC determines a GC member to take over a temporary spiritual sponsorship for this new unit.

[1] Comp. Salvatorian Family Charter, Chapter 4, Paragraph 15
Celso

Re: Chapter 6.3

Post by Celso »

I will be review all informations and i will isseud the sugestions on this week end.