CHAPTER 7- ORGANIZATION

VENEZUELAICDS

CHAPTER 7- ORGANIZATION

Post by VENEZUELAICDS »

Chapter 7 - Organistation
Post by Christian » Thu 28. Mar 2019, 04:33

As far as I see the remarks of the dicastery we have to change the direction of the structure. In the past, we started at the lowest level, the unit. Now we have to start with the GA, and go down then to the unit. I will change the text according to that and present it for your review and remarks then here.

Re: Chapter 7 - Organistation
Post by SABIN » Mon 9. Sep 2019, 21:07

preparing a draft proposal to begin discussion on this topic

Post by Christian » Wed 2. Oct 2019, 05:45

Point 7.2 General assembly

I added or changed the point g) under "Tasks of the GA" to:

g) to elect the General Committee (GC), whereby the elected members should, so far as possible, reflect the geographical spread of the ICDS.

This should fix the remark of the dicastery from Art. 7.3.0.4.: Taking account of the geographical spread of members in the General Committee is a responsibility of the General Assembly and any such mention should therefore be included in article 7.2.

Post by Christian » Sat 12. Oct 2019, 14:26

In case too few members in a unit

It can happen that in one unit at the beginning or if the number of members goes down of different reasons the members are too few to build up an organization. I suggest in such a case that the unit tries to have intensive contact with the GC and to a neighbor unit until the number increases again.
I'm not sure if this should be described in the statutes or we let it in the ROP's.
What do you think?

Post by SABINSABIN » Wed 16. Oct 2019, 00:45

Proposal to include in the chapter, 7 organization (email was sent to all GC on oct 6th 2019)[vimeo][/vimeo]
Some clarifications for this version:
• This is a version I cleaned up with suggestions received by Skype call and email
• Blue sections are changed texts from original to build this global statutes DRAFT version
• As clarified at the end of Oct 3th Skype Call, order of organization will be
o from GA--> GC--> National Coordination--> Regional Coordination--> Local Community Groups.
• Notice that current ICDS Statutes have already a structure well defined
o UNIT (7.1)--> GA(7.2)--> GC(7.3)-->AUDITORS (7.4)-->DISMISAL OF GC MEMBER (7.5)
o THEN, THE SEQUENCE TO DEVELOP WE NEED TO FOLLOW: -->National Coordination(NEW 7.6)--> Regional Coordination(NEW 7.7)--> Local Community Groups (NEW 7.8). I added this numbering to this draft
• What is approved or advanced on current ICDS (global) statutes is prevalent over what is proposed here. Everything written here will pass only if is in accordance of what has been well developed on current statutes summarizing years of work, has been approved as final by GC and have had good feedback from Vatican Dicastery.
3 examples:
o Which is the number of members of local groups?-->7.1.1 define it as 3. Then this is the number (clarification requested by Anne)
o Maximum number of members for creating a local group (Do we need to fix this?)
o If we as Statute’s Commission members, see good on our local or national level whatever we would like to include to this local and national governance discussion. (clarification requested by Chris)
• We as Statute’s Commission members will not consult to units draft texts. As you all know, we will consult units, only when complete statutes document is ready, after been approved by GC as Final and have had good feedback from Vatican Dicastery. This applies also to some sections, as we did on 2018 GA with GA procedures for GC election. (clarification requested by Chris)
• This draft document only develops NEW 7.6 - 7.7 and 7.8 sections.
• This is a first draft for discussion (Adapted from the Brazilian Lay Salvatorian Statutes)
CHAPTER 7 ICDS LOCAL & NATIONAL GOV PROPOSAL OCT 4th OCT 2019.docx
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.