How to inspire and motivate youth?

On what should we draw our attention - spiritual, economical, socio-ecological realities
Christian

How to inspire and motivate youth?

Post by Christian »

At the web meeting with the EU units and the General Committee members were some questions of interest. One was the dramatically evaporating of the youth in our parish communities and in the church as such. We know that there will not be one recipe, because the realities of the people are too different. But maybe we could find some starting points and ideas in the finished report of the synod from 2018. Therefore I have put the link here.

Final Document from the Pre-Synodal Meeting

The document is also available in several languages. Maybe we could go on with the discussion after reading these lines.
However, it will not free us from taking matters into our own hands and setting our own initiatives. We must not sit back and wait for the leaders of the church to act. We must find our own ways to inspire young people for the church by living and thinking a different, youthful church ourselves. Because that is where the first step begins.
Christian

Re: How to inspire and motivate youth?

Post by Christian »

This evening I saw interesting TV documentation about a greek-orthodox sister's convent in Greece. The sisters there are working in biological farming and are with that widely known. At the moment there are sisters from 4 continents and 13 states who are living there together. Most of them are of young age. The question of why young women attend the convent is not the orthodox faith first. Most of them were looking at something practice in biological farming and all that is connected with it (e.g. beekeeping, cheese production, etc.)
The spiritual offer was a goodie in addition which was taken on afterward because it opens the view on this biological work from another point of view.
The community, the possibilities of living a spiritual life with visible sense, and the contact with "normal" people by selling the products on local markets make the rest. It's attractive for young people who are searching.
You can see the documentation here.
The video is mostly in German :doh: , but to get the information about what is going on, you need your eyes language, which is universal :!: :!: - more or less. If you need some language support with any scenes let me know. I'll try to translate.